Google Sheets is a spreadsheet program developed by Google, where users can create, update and modify spreadsheets, and share the data live.
The Datacoral Google Spreadheets slice collects data from a Google account and enables data flow from an Google Sheets API into a data warehouse, such as Redshift.
Steps to add this slice to your installation
The steps to launch your slice are:
- Connect your Google account
- Authorize auth token access
- Add the Google Spreadsheets slice
1. Connect your Google account
The Google Spreadsheets slice can connect to your account through the following steps:
- Select the Google Spreadsheets slice type from the available list
- Click "Connect Your Google Account"
- Log in to your Google account
2. Authorize auth token access
By connecting your account, an auth token will be prepared for the slice to use. The Google Spreadsheets slice requires this auth token to collect data.
Please review the set of permissions Datacoral is requesting this token to be created with. After reviewing the permissions, click "Authorize access" to provide Datacoral the requested token and return to the Datacoral web app.
3. Add the slice
After returning to the Datacoral web app, you will be asked to provide a name and destination warehouse for the Google Spreadsheets slice.
Adding a loadunit
To add a loadunit, you will be asked to provide the following:
- Loadunit Name - this is the output table in the data warehouse
- Spreadsheet Name - located at the bottom of the screen
- Spreadsheet Id - located within the URL
- Column Ranges - Comma separated ranges of columns (data only) to fetch, expressed in A1 notation. ex. A2:C,E2:E
- Header Row - Comma separated ranges in which columns headers are located, expressed in A1 notation. ex. A1:C1,E1:E1
Then click "Add Slice".
Output of this slice is stored in S3 and the destination warehouse.
Data stored in AWS S3 is partitioned by date and time
Destination Warehouse: Schema - schema name will be same the slice name
A table will be produced for each loadunit added