The steps to launch your connector are:
- Generate Salesforce App and get clientID and secretID from the App
- Add the Salesforce slice
Generate Salesforce APP and API keys
Setup requirements : Before getting started please make sure to have access to an active Salesforce admin account
Steps to create new Connected App. If you already have a Connected App (meaning you already have your Consumer Key and Consumer Secret), Jump to add Salesforce slice
1. Sign in to Salesforce and navigate to "Setup" (gear symbol or Setup link on upper right)
2. Under Platform Tools click on App Manager or search in Quick Box
3. Create new Connected App Edit your app and in the "API (Enable Oauth settings)", add "Access and manage your data(api) or Full Access AND Perform requests at any time on your behalf (Refresh token)
4. Enable Oath Settings
- Enable Oauth Settings
- Enable for Device Flow - This should automatically generate the callback URL - https://login.salesforce.com/services/oauth2/success. You will replace this with
- Under Selected Oauth Scopes
- Access and manage your data
- Perform requests on your behalf at any time (refresh_token, offline_access)
- Require Secret for Web Server Flow
- Click Save
5. Copy Consumer Key and Consumer Secret
Now you'll have your Consumer Key and Consumer Secret (if you didn't manage to get these just go to the App Manager and select View in the drop down next to your new app.
6. Edit an existing app
Please follow the below steps
- In the "API (Enable Oauth settings)", make sure to add "Access and manage your data(api)” or “Full Access” AND “Perform requests at any time on your behalf (Refresh token)”
- Set the callback url to https://app.datacoral.io/connector/ingest_salesforce/oauth/callback - This is an important step
Step 1: Select Salesforce connector
Select the Salesforce ingest slice type from the available list
Step 2. Configure connection parameters
Add Salesforce connector by providing connector name and and selecting TargetWarehouse(s)
Step 3: Configure source information
Provide ClientID and SecretID for Salesforce
It will redirect to Salesforce account and ask for access permissions.
- Adjust the sync frequency as per requirement
- Table Whitelist: If you want to pull only selected few loadunits(tables) from Salesforce, add them in the tableWhitelist parameter.
- Table Blacklist : Similarly, if you would like to exclude certain loadunits from syncing with Datacoral, you can add them in the tableBlacklist parameter.
- Click on Fetch Source Meta and then click on Next
To get/reset the security token:
- From your personal settings, enter Reset in the Quick Find box, then select "Reset My Security Token".
- Click Reset Security Token. The new security token is sent to the email id provided in your Salesforce personal settings.
Step 4: Configure load units information
It will pull any standard or custom objects available in your Salesforce, choose the ones you want to pull data from. You can opt to deselect unused objects. Hover over any loadunit to edit any property related to the loadunit. If you want to pull only few selected columns for loadunit add it in "columnList", similarly if you do not want to pull few columns for loadunit add it in "columnBlacklist".
Step 5: Edit data layouts
Next screen will show data layout (columns for each table) for each loadunit.
Step 6: Configure warehouse
Next screen will show warehouse configuration for each loadunit.
Confirm all changes and click
Next. Tables are created in chosen warehouse(s) and you will be re-directed to the connector page
You have successfully added the connector once you have landed on the below page.