Before adding the connector, please complete the below steps.
- Get API endpoint
- Generate Client ID and Client Secret
1. Get API endpoint
- Click on Admin and Web Services
- Copy the endpoint under REST API as shown below
2. Generate Client ID and Client Secret
- Click on Launch Point unser Admin > Integration
- If Service not available, click on New Service
- Fill the necessary fields of Display Name, Description and choose Service as Custom and API only user as the login user email id from the dropdowns respectively.
- Click create
- Once created, click on View Details and copy the Client ID and Client Secret
Step 1: Select Marketo connector
- From the main menu, click on Add connector
- In the drop down list, find and select Marketo connector
Step 2: Configure connection parameters
- Input the connector name and warehouse and click Next
Please note that the connector name once set cannot be edited later
- Fill in the credentials to connect to your Marketo account, click on Check Connection and Next
Step 3: Configure source information
- Interval : Set the frequency of data extraction
- Sync Historical data : It will load the entire past database as a one-time activity.
- Click on Fetch Source Metadata to see all the load units and click Next
Step 4: Configure load units information
The list of loadunits with extraction mode and schedule is displayed.
Extraction mode is auto detected based on the table size and availability of primary key and timestamp column at the source table. Click on Edit to update edit configuration per loadunit.
- Extraction mode: Can be snapshot, incrementalappend or incrementalupdate
- Interval: The frequency of the extraction mode ranges in discrete interval from 5 minutes
- Timestampcol: Its auto-detected for 'incrementalupdate' extraction mode
Step 5: Edit data layouts
Update data type as needed and click on Next to add the connector.
Step 6: Configure warehouse
For each of the load units on the left, you can decide the load mode
Load Mode: Datacoral supports the below load modes
- Replace : This is a wipe and load operation replacing all the rows of the destination table with the results of the transformation query
- Append: Insert operation where, the result of the transformation query are inserted into the destination table, rows already in the destination table are not updated
- Merge: Upsert operation where the transformation query results in rows that indicate that the destination table rows have to be inserted, updated, or even deleted. This mode allows for efficient incremental updates to destination tables.
Primary Key: This is a mandatory key for Incrementalappend extraction load mode.
When done with the configuration changes, please click on Update and Next on the top right.
Step 7: Confirm the configuration
You will see a pop-up dialog box, click Next to confirm addition of the connector.The connecter will be added once the tables are updated in the warehouse.
You have successfully added the connector once you have landed on the below page.