Launch Darkly is the feature management platform that software teams use to build better software, faster.
The Datacoral Launch Darkly slice collects data from a Launch Darkly API and writes it to S3 and Redshift.
Steps to add this slice to your installation
The steps to launch your slice are:
- Generate Launch Darkly API keys
- Specify the slice config
- Add the Launch Darkly slice
1. Generate Launch Darkly API keys
Before getting started please make sure to have the following information:
- Access to an active Launch Darkly account
- Sign into your Launch Darkly account.
- In the left sidebar menu, navigate to Account settings > Authorization > Access tokens.
- If a key has never been generated for your account, click 'New Token +' button.
- Fill Name field and select Role then click 'Save Token' button.
- Your API token will display on the page. Copy the API token.
2. Specify the slice config
To get a template for the Launch Darkly slice configuration save the output of the
describe --input-parameters command as follows:
Necessary input parameters:
api_key- your Launch Darkly API token
Optional input parameters:
schedule- in cron format
launchdarkly_parameters_file file to add the token generated from Launch Darkly
3. Add the Slice
slice-nameName of your slice. A schema with your slice-name is automatically created in your warehouse
params-fileFile path to your input parameters file. Ex. launchdarkly_parameters_file.json
Supported load units
projects: this loadunit fetches data for Projects
environments: this loadunit fetches data for Environments
users: this loadunit fetches data for Users
users_flags: this loadunit fetches data for User flags information
There is also
user loadunit which do not produce any data, it fans out
users loadunit which perform calls to API to fetch data for each user using id from split.
Output of this slice is stored in S3 and Redshift.
Data stored in AWS S3 is partitioned by date and time in the following bucket
AWS Redshift: Schema - schema name will be same as a slice-name. Tables produced by the slice are: