Please note that Drift connector can be added only though the UI
Please refer to the documentation to understand and obtain the tokens/urls needed for the connector to pull data from Drift. You will need to obtain the clientId, clientSecret.
Drift access tokens expires after every two hours hence token refresh schedule needs to be less than or equal to two hours
1.Obtain Client ID and Secret ID
clientId is the Consumer Key and
clientSecret is the Consumer Secret from the connected App definition. These are neccessary input parameters for the drift connector.
- Go to https://dev.drift.com/apps and create an App named
- Go to App Credentials and copy clientID and secretID
2 Add redirectURLs in Oauth & Scopes
Add the below two redirect URLs in Oauth & Scopes in Settings
3. Add the listed permissions
Scroll down and add the below listed permissions in Drift Scopes
|contact_read||Access information about and query contacts|
|conversation_read||Read and listen to conversations and playbook goals|
|user_read||Access information about users and user updates|
|playbook_read||Access information about playbooks|
|all_contact_read||Ability to read all contacts / leads|
Step 1: Select Drift connector
- From the main menu, click on Add connector
- In the drop down list, find and select Drift connector
Step 2: Configure connection parameters
- Input the connector name and warehouse and click Next
Please note that the connector name once set cannot be edited later
Fill in the credentials to connect to your Drift account, click on Authorize Drift via Oauth
Step 3: Configure source information
- Interval : Set the frequency of data extraction
- Token Refresh Schedule : Set the frequency to refresh token (in cron format, the default is in 2 hours
- Sync Historical data : It will load the entire past database as a one-time activity.
- Click on Fetch Source Metadata to see all the load units and click Next
Step 4: Configure load units information
The list of loadunits with extraction mode and schedule is displayed. Drift has default 8 loadunits, please remove unused ones if any. Hover over any loadunit to edit any property related to the loadunit.
Extraction mode is auto detected based on the table size and availability of primary key and timestamp column at the source table. Click on Edit to update edit configuration per loadunit.
- Extraction mode : Can be snapshot, incrementalappend or incrementalupdate
- Interval : The frequency of the extraction mode ranges in discrete interval from 5 minutes
- Timestamp Column : Its auto-detected for 'incrementalupdate' extraction mode
- Paginate : To be checked if the data volume is large
- Parent Loadunit : Its auto-detected and pre-filled for child loadunits such as contacts and messages
- Source table name : The name of the source loadunit
Step 5: Edit data layouts
Update data type as needed and click on Next to add the connector.
Step 6: Configure warehouse
For each of the load units on the left, you can decide the load mode
- Load Mode : Datacoral supports the below load modes
- Replace : This is a wipe and load operation replacing all the rows of the destination table with the results of the transformation query
- Append : Insert operation where, the result of the transformation query are inserted into the destination table, rows already in the destination table are not updated
- Merge : Upsert operation where the transformation query results in rows that indicate that the destination table rows have to be inserted, updated, or even deleted. This mode allows for efficient incremental updates to destination tables.
- Primary Key : This is a mandatory key for Incrementalappend extraction load mode.
- Copy options : Add the copy options (For more information visit Redshift documentation and Snowflake documentation )
When done with the configuration changes, please click on Update and Next on the top right.
Step 7: Confirm the configuration
You will see a pop-up dialog box, click Next to confirm addition of the connector. The connecter will be added once the tables are updated in the warehosue.
You have successfully added the connector once you have landed on the below page.