Before getting started please make sure you have access to an active Google AdWords account
The Google Adwords slice requires some api credentials to collect data. API credentials can be obtained from Google Adwords through the following steps:
1) Obtain the Customer id and Developer token
- Sign in to your Google Ads account
- Click the help icon and copy the Customer ID at the bottom of the menu.
- Click the Tools & Settings icon and select 'API Center' under 'SETUP'
Please make sure you've signed in as a Manager or you won't be able to access the API Center. Please refer to this link to learn about the account management in Google Adwords. :
- Copy the 'Developer token'
2) Obtain the Client ID and Client Secret
Follow the steps in this link to generate Client ID and Client Secret
While creating a new Project, the 'User Type' should be 'Internal'
3) Obtain the Refresh Token
Follow the steps in this link to generate refresh token
Step 1: Select Adwords connector
- From the main menu, click on Add connector
- In the drop down list, find and select Adwords connector
Step 2. Configure connection parameters
Fill in the neccessary fields
adwordsDeveloperToken- developer token
adwordsClientId- OAuth2 client ID
adwordsSecret- OAuth2 client secret
adwordsRefreshToken- OAuth2 refresh token
adwordsClientCustomerId- customer id
adwordsUserAgent- your unique string, for example
- datasource schedule - Please refer to data freshness guide, before setting the schedule, as the freshness varies across metrics.
You have successfully added the connector once you have landed on the below page.
Please contact Datacoral's Support Team, we'd be more than happy to answer any of your questions.