Google Adwords is an online advertising platform developed by Google, where advertisers pay to display brief advertisements, service offerings, product listings, video content, and generate mobile application installs within the Google ad network to web users.
The Datacoral Google AdWords slice collects data from an Google AdWords account and enables data flow from an Google AdWords API into a data warehouse, such as Redshift.
Steps to add this slice to your installation
The steps to launch your slice are:
- Generate Google AdWords API keys
- Contact our support team (email@example.com) to add the slice to your installation
1. Generate Google AdWords API keys
Before getting started please make sure to have the following information:
- Access to an active Google AdWords account
The Google Adwords slice requires some api credentials to collect data. API credentials can be obtained from Google Adwords through the following steps:
- Sign in to your Google Ads account
- Click the help icon in the top right corner.
- Find "Customer ID" at the bottom of the menu.
- Copy the Customer ID.
- Then go to the TOOLS > SETUP > API Center Note: make sure you've signed in as a Manager or you won't be able to access the API Center.
- Copy the Developer token.
- Open the Google API Console Credentials page.
- From the project drop-down, select an existing project or create a new one.
- On the Credentials page, select Create credentials, then select OAuth client ID.
- Under Application type, choose Web application.
- Under Authorized redirect URIs, add a line with: https://developers.google.com/oauthplayground
- Click Create.
- On the page that appears, copy the Client ID and Client secret to your clipboard.
- Refresh Token can be generated on the OAuth2 Playground
Necessary input parameters:
adwordsDeveloperToken- developer token
adwordsClientId- OAuth2 client ID
adwordsSecret- OAuth2 client secret
adwordsRefreshToken- OAuth2 refresh token
adwordsClientCustomerId- customer id
adwordsUserAgent- your unique string, for example
2. Contact support
Currently addition of adwords slice is unavailable via CLI or UI. This means you cannot add this slice to your installation yourself. Once you have the required information (Step 1 above), contact our support team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to add the slice.
Supported load units
The Google AdWords slice automatically collects the following loadunits from the Google AdWords API and makes them available in your warehouse for analysis.
adwords_adgroupperformance: represents the Adgroup Performance Report
adwords_adgroupperformance1: represents the Adgroup Performance Report
adwords_adgroupperformance2: represents the Adgroup Performance Report
adwords_adgroupperformance3: represents the Adgroup Performance Report
adwords_adgroupperformance4: represents the Adgroup Performance Report
adwords_adgroupperformance5: represents the Adgroup Performance Report
adwords_geoperformance: represents the Geo Performance Report
Output of this slice is stored in S3 and Redshift.
Data stored in AWS S3 is partitioned by date and time
AWS Redshift: Schema - schema name will be same as a slice-name. Tables produced by the slice dynamically based on the loadunits configured.
- schema.adwords_adgroupperformance - schema.adwords_adgroupperformance1 - schema.adwords_adgroupperformance2 - schema.adwords_adgroupperformance3 - schema.adwords_adgroupperformance4 - schema.adwords_adgroupperformance5 - schema.adwords_geoperformance